The 2022 R1 release delivers powerful capabilities that speed time to result, improve simulation accuracy and expand interoperability with other Ansys products.
- Lumerical Simulations are now compatible with the powerful Ansys Cloud.
- New surface model creation for Speos (BSDF and diffraction gratings) allows you to account for visual perception effects with Speos Human Vision (beta availability).
- Updates to support optiSLang workflows including advanced optimization with Lumerical STACK for display applications (beta availability).
- Direct bridge to communicate layout data between Virtuoso® and FDTD/MODE enabling direct parameter extraction and optimization of p-cells.
- New integration between Ansys Lumerical INTERCONNECT and KLayout, enables a layout driven design and simulation workflow for photonic integrated circuits.
- Simulate effects of self-heating on solid-state laser performance in PIC by directly importing measured or simulated gain spectra with current and temperature dependence into Lumerical INTERCONNECT.
- RCWA solver for fast simulation of multi-layer stacks with periodicity and surface patterning (beta availability).