Discovery SpaceClaim is a fast and intuitive 3-D modeling software solution that enables any analyst or engineer to create, edit and repair geometry no matter where they are in the workflow.
Discovery SpaceClaim is a CAD neutral tool that enables you to quickly and easily manipulate geometry yourself, instead of sending it back to the CAD department. Using SpaceClaim, CAE drives product innovation and development from the start of the design process to accelerate time to analysis and increase efficiencies in product design/production.
- Automatically connects to Ansys Workbench with bidirectional associativity
- Opens and edits data from any CAD system
- Edits designs and prepares them for simulation, no matter where the model was created
- Simplifies geometry by removing useless details, like filets or small faces, that lead to low quality mesh generations
- Cleans up and repairs dirty geometry to create watertight solids
- Creates parameters on imported geometry to enable optimization of designs through analysis
- Supplies 3-D markups to design teams and compares models to document changes
- Gets you up and running in a matter of weeks instead of months, like big CAD
- With SpaceClaim’s Faceted Data module, you can also repair and edit faceted files for FEA topological optimization, medical scanning, or manipulation of any kind of shell mesh based on triangles.
CFD Analysis Prep
Ansys SpaceClaim opens files from any CAD system, edits designs and prepares them for simulation, no matter where the model was created. The software also extracts volumes/creates inner fluid domains and outer air enclosures for CFD analysis, and cleans up and repairs dirty geometry to create watertight solids.
Early Concept Design
SpaceClaim Direct Modeler empowers users to freely imagine new ideas and drive design innovation through the enablement of constraint free design. With a simple yet powerful user interface, users can quickly and easily design the way they think.
Ansys SCDM adds value to any project, by easing innovation. Users can freely brainstorm model ideas, without worry about the underlying technology. Ansys SpaceClaim Direct Modeler does not constrain your imagination by limiting what you can change on the model as you go. Ansys SCDM is an ideal tool for users who want a powerful tool that allows them to think creatively on the fly.
By simplifying the process of early concept design, Ansys SCDM eliminates the bottleneck normally encountered with other software packages. Models can be made fast, so that deadlines are met. Make the most of brainstorming sessions, by modeling ideas quickly and easily.
Electronics CAE Prep
Ansys SpaceClaim simplifies geometry by removing useless details that lead to low quality mesh generations and provides electronics specific tools such as interference detection, trace wrapping, and extracting the interior of a wave guide.
Simulation Driven Product Development
Ansys SpaceClaim Direct Modeler makes it easy to discover the ideal design, with modeling software that pairs perfectly with simulation. With Ansys SpaceClaim Direct Modeler, you can continuously improve models throughout the design process by leveraging analysis results to perfect the model, so it’s easy to find that best balance between an efficient use of materials, for example, and peak performance.
Structural CAE Prep
Ansys SpaceClaim automatically connects to Ansys Workbench with bidirectional associativity. It opens data from any CAD system, edits designs and prepares them for simulation, no matter where the model was created. SpaceClaim can also create and extract mid-surfaces/shells and beams from solid models to enable efficient meshing and solving.