- May 29, 2018 - May 30, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- May 28, 2019 - May 29, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
ANSYS Composite PrepPost training is geared towards engineers who are designing and analyzing layered composites. The attendees will be trained in the correct and efficient use of this technology for the purpose of overcoming some of the inherent challenges in composite modelling. Such as capturing fiber orientation, model inspection, failure analysis and parameterization.
This training will teach attendees how to make high fidelity models, gain time savings at the post-processing stage, and integrate global – local models for detailed design and more.
This course also includes relevant “hands-on” workshops and exercises.
The training will cover simulations of simple composite structures and real world composite applications. The following topics will be covered in the course:
- Composites Overview
- Composite Materials and Fabrics
- Manufacturing Methods
- Raw Materials
- Numerical Simulation of Composites
- Measuring Ply Properties
- Failure Indicator
- Composites in ANSYS Workbench
- How to Create Simple Composite Layups in ANSYS Workbench
- How to Evaluate a Composite Design within ANSYS Workbench
- Composite Simulation with ANSYS Composite PrepPost
- ANSYS Composite PrepPost Introduction
- Rosettes – How to Define Composite Fiber Directions
- Oriented Element Sets as Basis for the Composite Layup
- Rules and Edge Sets
- Draping in ANSYS Composite PrepPost
- The Solid Model Process in ANSYS Workbench
- Failure Criteria
Every topic of the training is followed by hands-on workshops to help learn the concepts covered in the previous lecture.
- A technical education and background in FEA analysis is recommended but an engineering degree is not required.
- Completion of the ANSYS Mechanical Introduction Course is recommended.
9:00AM – Class Begins
12- 1:00PM – Lunch Served
5:00PM – Class Ends