Before installing ANSYS® Student:
- Ensure that your computer meets the technical requirements necessary to run the software. Please see the product data sheet for details.
- Ensure that you have Administrator privileges for the computer you are installing this product on.
- Uninstall any existing ANSYS, Inc. products present on your computer. The ANSYS Student installation will overwrite any existing installations.
- Make sure that you have your license key available. This is a separate download covered in the download section.
- Please review our Installation Guide and FAQs.
After downloading and installing ANSYS Student, you should then install the ANSYS Student License File, following ALL of the installation steps in sequence (follow the steps in both Part 1 Part 2 and Part 3):
Part 1 – ANSYS Student Installation:
- Extract (Unzip) the downloaded installation files.
- Run setup.exe from the extracted files. Right-click on setup.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Click the Install ANSYS, Inc. Products text.
- Read and accept the click wrap to continue.
- Click the Next button to accept the default values throughout the installation. Skip over the “Enter License Server Specification” step.
- After the installation is completed, click Next and a message marked ***Important*** displays indicating that the installation is complete.
- Check the survey box at the bottom if you wish to submit the survey.
- Click the Exit button.
- Your are now back to the Release 16.1 Installation home page. Be sure to NOT select any other options as these aren’t supported by the ANSYS Student license.
- Click the Exit Button.
- The ANSYS Student software is now installed.
- Next, install the ANSYS License File as described in Part 2.
Part 2 – ANSYS License File Installation:
- Download the license file – ansys_student_.lic – to your computer. The portion of the filename indicates the expiration date of the license file.
- Extract (Unzip) the downloaded license file:
- We recommend moving the license file to C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing
- Save the file as license.dat
- Do not save this license file using the MS Word format.
Note the ANSYS License Manager is not needed to run this Student version.
Part 3 – ANSYS Student Installation:
After completing Parts 1 and 2 of the installation, we recommend rebooting your machine. Then the best way to run ANSYS Student is from the start menu.
- Go to the Start Menu and either select Workbench 16.1 OR select All Programs, then select theANSYS 16.1 folder, and select Workbench 16.1.
- The ANSYS Student Workbench 16.1 project page will launch. Congratulations you are now ready to start using ANSYS Student!
The following videos are also available to guide you through the installation process:
If you run into any problems following the above instructions then be sure to review our Frequently Asked Questions.